Helping a tech-based financial services business build a Global HR team and develop their talent strategy
Organisation: A technology based financial services business, balancing the demand from market stakeholders to expand the business model into new currencies with the expectation of the regulator, to continually mitigate risk. The CEO, executive and operational teams were based across London and New York and a significant element of technology expertise was outsourced to a third-party in India. The HR team in London provided global operational support, without strategic leadership.
Solution: Working closely with the executive team, discussions took place to understand the unique business model, culture and need for a global HR team. The combination of innovation and risk management required strong commercial business skills and collaboration. The Global People Strategy focussed on building a clear proposition for attracting, developing and retaining both operational and technology based employees. The HR Operating Model provided support across both time zones, balanced UK and US employment legislation and leveraged consistent HR policies and practices.
- Leadership Transformation – introduced an executive coaching programme to develop the strategic and commercial capabilities of the global team.
- People & Development Committee – introduced to strengthen “people skills” across the leadership population and implement strategic HR initiatives: launch of company values, strategic development agenda, retention and succession strategies.
- HR Transformation – built a new global HR Department, introduced HR Business Partners, harmonised global HR practices.
- Remuneration Strategy – implemented to identify, reward and incentivise those who made an exceptional contribution to the business.
- Business Restructure – Streamlined global operations function to harmonise working practices and strengthen risk management. Successfully mitigated global employee relations risks.
- Harmonised global levels and titles – introduced a streamlined framework and aligned to selection, development, promotion and reward strategies.